Fees are the same for all programmes.
Fees are unchanged for those with an ISEE (Index of Equivalent Economic Situation) up to €30,000
Fees are calculated progressively depending on ISEE.
Maximum fees are applied for an ISEE over €70.000,00.
Contributions for compulsory services (student card, degree or diploma tax, etc.) and extra charges for a second degree are abolished.
The total amount due is calculated by summing:
Total annual fees +
Stamp duty +
Any Reductions and Exemptions are then subtracted from this figure.
For all details regarding bachelor’s, master’s, specialisation and PhD degrees, see "Fees and Contributions Notice"
Calculation of total annual fees
Residents in Italy
|ISEE from 0 to 25,000.00
|ISEE from 25,000.01 to 70,000.00
||272,00 + 0,051 x (ISEE per l’Università - 25.000,00)
|ISEE over €70,000.00
The calculation is applied to students in the following categories:
- Enrolled in the first year of study
- Enrolled at the university for one year longer than the normal duration of the course for which they are enrolled. For example: Normal duration of the course for which enrolled = 3 years, maximum enrolment at the university = 4 years
- those enrolling for the second year of a programme must have completed at least 10 CFU by 10 August
- those enrolling for years after the second must have completed at least 25 CFU in the 12 months prior to 10 August
If none of these categories apply, additional charges are applied to the fees calculation:
- for residents in Italy, an increase of 10% NB: in this case, the minimum total fees can not be less than €200.00
- for residents abroad, an increase of 10%.
Stamp duty and Regional tax
The Stamp duty is €16.00.
The regional tax is calculated for Residents in Italy:
€120.00 for ISEE up to €23.626,32
€140.00 for ISEE between €23.626,32 and €47.252,64
€160.00 for ISEE above €47.252,64
For Residents abroad, the figure is €160.00.
Exemptions and reductions
The University of Trieste has maintained and reinforced existing exemptions and reductions.
Total exemptions are granted to qualifying students, winners of scholarships, disabled students and invalids, or children of invalids.
Reductions are granted to disabled students, parents or students of particular merit.
For details of requirements to obtain exemptions and reductions for bachelor’s, master’s, specialisation and PhD degrees, see "Fees and Contributions Notice".