Cookie-law at the University of Trieste
The Italian Data Protection Authority decision
The Italian (Personal) Data Protection Authority ("Garante per la protezione dei dati personali") issued the decision Simplified Arrangements to Provide Information and Obtain Consent Regarding Cookies (decision no. 229 of May 8, 2014) published on June 3, 2014 on the Italian Official Gazette. See:
The pages of a website can contain text, images, and other multimedia information, but may also contain "instructions" that are automatically executed by the user's browser. The web page can also contain instructions for storing information on the user's device (cookies).
Cookies are distinguished by a different intended use:
- Technical cookies: they're just intended to improve the browsing experience or to provide a service specifically requested;
- Profiling cookies: instead have the purpose of getting information about the user that can be exploited for other uses not requested by the user for example to convey advertising messages of greater interest to the user.
Cookies at the University of Trieste
The Protection Authority decision (refert to it for better definition of the terms), establishes, for the protection of users, that each site must declare what type (purpose) of cookie uses.
In this regard we inform that, in general, when accessing web pages or services provided through the web by the University of Trieste, namely pages with URL
...units.it/..., unless otherwise and explicitly stated, only technical cookies are used. In general, the University of Trieste does not producs and publish web pages that employ profiling cookies.
Any possible exception to this policy is clearly marked on each page/service affected by the exception.
This website uses Matomo to perform statistical analysis on the use of its webpages. The data is archived on premise and is never transferred to third parties. I dati raccolti vengono archiviati su server di nostra proprietà e non trasferiti a terzi. The user must agree before any data is collected.
Some web pages of the University of Trieste incorporate third-party services. For these pages the policy followed with respect to cookies is that of the external suppliers of these services.
Some cases in which third-party services are used:
- use of services that allow for interaction with social networks (eg "social plugins") or other external platforms (eg : viewing Youtube videos, Google Maps);
- at the University search engine, when you choose the option "in tutto il campus" (in all university web pages), the Indexing Service of Google is used;
- in some questionnaires, Google generation services can be used;
- in the case of reference to sharing services on the web page.
In all these cases, the policy followed for the cookies, is set and made evolve from each vendor external to the University.
- Google/Youtube: Cookie - Privacy ;
- AddToAny: Privacy ;
- OpenStreetMap: Cookie - Privacy (solo in lingua inglese);
- Facebook: Cookie - Privacy ;
- Twitter: Cookie - Privacy ;
- LinkedIn: Cookie - Privacy ;
The web pages
...units.it/... of the site are also using the Google Analytics service for statistical purposes where only aggregate data (non personal) are used.
- You can know which cookies are currently stored by your browser
- You can delete all the cookies or selectively only those unwanted
- You can deny the use of all cookies (with this choice there is no guarantee for full availability of all the services on this web site)
- You can deny the use of third-party cookies other than the site you are visiting
Informazioni aggiornate al: 18/10/2022 - 14:42